Terms of Agreement
October 11, 2010
Chic CEO, LLC. (“Chic CEO” or “we”) operates Chic-CEO.com, which is a web resource and social networking service that allows Members to create unique personal profiles online in order to find and communicate with other like-minded members. The services offered by Chic CEO can or do include any Chic CEO-branded URL (the "Chic CEO Website"), the Chic CEO instant messaging service, the Chic CEO application developer service and other features (for example, music and video embedded players), Chic CEO mobile services, and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by Chic CEO in connection with Chic CEO’s business (collectively, the "Chic CEO Services"). The Chic CEO Services are hosted in the United States.
Chic CEO may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by Chic CEO on the Chic CEO Website. Your continued use of the Chic CEO Services after Chic CEO posts a revised Agreement signifies your acceptance of the revised Agreement. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Please choose carefully the information you post on or through the Chic CEO Services and that you provide to other Users. Your Chic CEO profile may not include any form of Prohibited Content, as outlined in Section 8 below. Despite this prohibition, information, materials, products or services provided by other Chic CEO Members/Subscribers (for instance, in their profile) may, in whole or in part, be unauthorized, impermissible or otherwise violate this Agreement, and Chic CEO assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the Chic CEO Services by any person, please click on the "Contact” tab and email email@example.com or call 619-800-2442.
Chic CEO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Chic CEO Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability. Chic CEO expressly reserves the right to remove your profile and/or deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Chic CEO Services if Chic CEO determines, in its sole discretion, that you have violated this Agreement or pose a threat to Chic CEO and/or its Users/Members.
1. Eligibility. Use of the Chic CEO Services and registration to be a Member/Subscriber for the Chic CEO Services is void where prohibited. By using the Chic CEO Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 13 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the Chic CEO Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership/Subscription may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 13 years of age, if we believe that you are under 18 years of age and you represent yourself as 18 or older, or if we believe you are over 18 and represent yourself as under 18.
2. Term. This Agreement, and any posted revision to this Agreement, shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Chic CEO Services or are a Member/Subscriber. You may terminate your subscription at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Account Settings page. If you have purchased a Chic Siren or Chic CEO Mastermind Memberhsip, you are held to the 30 day cancellation policy. Chic CEO may terminate your Membership/Subscription at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability. Even after Membership/Subscription is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including Sections 5-17.
3. Fees. You acknowledge that Chic CEO reserves the right to charge for any portion of the Chic CEO Services and to change its fees (if any) from time to time in its discretion. If Chic CEO terminates your Membership/Subscription because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of fees or payments (if any).
4. Password. When you sign up to become a Member/Subscriber, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member/Subscriber at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Chic CEO immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
5. Use by Members and Subscribers. The Chic CEO Services are for the personal use of Members/Subscribers and may be used for promotional purposes as well, but direct commercial endeavors may only be used if they are specifically endorsed or authorized by Chic CEO. Chic CEO reserves the right to remove commercial content in its sole discretion. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Chic CEO Services, including collecting usernames, user id numbers, and/or email addresses of MembersSubscribers by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Chic CEO Website, or employing third party promotional sites or software to promote profiles for money, is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of unauthorized solicitation may be removed from Member/Subscriber profiles without notice or explanation and may result in termination of Membership or Subscription privileges. Chic CEO reserves the right to take appropriate legal action for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Chic CEO Services.
6. Proprietary Rights in Content on Chic CEO.
6.1 Chic CEO does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the Chic CEO Services. After posting your Content to the Chic CEO Services, you continue to retain any such rights that you may have in your Content, subject to the limited license herein. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Chic CEO Services, you hereby grant to Chic CEO a limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on or through the Chic CEO Services, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Chic CEO Website in any media formats and through any media channels, except Content marked “private” will not be distributed outside the Chic CEO Website. This limited license does not grant Chic CEO the right to sell or otherwise distribute your Content outside of the Chic CEO Services. After you remove your Content from the Chic CEO Website we will cease distribution as soon as practicable, and at such time when distribution ceases, the license will terminate.
6.2 The license you grant to Chic CEO is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to Chic CEO), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that Chic CEO is not required to pay you for the use on the Chic CEO Services of the Content that you post), sublicensable (so that Chic CEO is able to use its affiliates, subcontractors and other partners such as Internet content delivery networks and wireless carriers to provide the Chic CEO Services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the Chic CEO Services are global in reach).
6.3 You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Chic CEO Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this Section 6, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the Chic CEO Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person or entity by reason of any Content posted by you on or through the Chic CEO Services.
6.4 The Chic CEO Services contain Content of Chic CEO ("Chic CEO Content"). Chic CEO Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Chic CEO owns and retains all rights in the Chic CEO Content and the Chic CEO Services. Chic CEO hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Chic CEO Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Chic CEO Website and using the Chic CEO Services.
6.5 The Chic CEO Services contain Content of Users and other Chic CEO licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Chic CEO Services.
6.6 Chic CEO performs technical functions necessary to offer the Chic CEO Services, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Chic CEO Services.
7. Content Posted.
7.1 Chic CEO may reject, refuse to post or delete any Content for any or no reason, including Content that in the sole judgment of Chic CEO violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights of any person or entity, or harm or threaten the safety of any person or entity. Chic CEO assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Chic CEO Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time Chic CEO chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Chic CEO Services, Chic CEO nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
7.2 You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the Chic CEO Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users.
8. Content/Activity Prohibited. The following are examples of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Chic CEO Services. Chic CEO reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Chic CEO's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending Content from the Chic CEO Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in the sole discretion of Chic CEO:
8.1 is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
8.2 harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
8.3 exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
8.4 contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
8.5 solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
8.6 publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
8.7 constitutes or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
8.8 constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
8.9 involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
8.10 contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
8.11 furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
8.12 solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
8.13 involves commercial activities and/or sales without prior written consent from Chic CEO such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
8.14 includes a photograph or video of another person that you have posted without that person's consent;
8.15 for band, comedy, filmmaker and other profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile; or
8.16 violates the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
The following are examples of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Chic CEO Website and through your use of the Chic CEO Services. Chic CEO reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Chic CEO's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
8.17 criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
8.18 advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member/Subscriber to buy or sell any products or services through the unauthorized or impermissible use of the Chic CEO Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members/Subscribers. In order to protect our Members/Subscribers from such advertising or solicitation, Chic CEO reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member/Subscriber may send to other Members/Subscribers in any 24-hour period to a number which Chic CEO deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unauthorized commercial communications of any kind through the Chic CEO Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to Chic CEO, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay Chic CEO $50 for each such unsolicited email or other unauthorized commercial communication you send through the Chic CEO Services;
8.19 circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the Chic CEO Services;
8.20 activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
8.21 covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any Chic CEO page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
8.22 any automated use of the system, such as, but not limited to, using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
8.22 interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Chic CEO Services or the networks or services connected to the Chic CEO Services;
8.23 impersonating or attempting to impersonate another Member, person or entity;
8.24 using the account, username, or password of another Member/Subscriber at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
8.25 selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
8.26 using any information obtained from the Chic CEO Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person or entity, or attempting to do the same;
8.27 displaying an unauthorized commercial advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity through the unauthorized or impermissible use of the Chic CEO Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or
8.28 using the Chic CEO Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
9. Protecting Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property. Chic CEO respects the intellectual property of others, and requires that our users do the same. You may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. Chic CEO has the right to terminate the Membership/Subscription of infringers.
If you believe your work has been copied and posted on or through the Chic CEO Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send Chic CEO's Copyright Agent a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the Chic CEO Services (providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement); (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature. Chic CEO's Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can be reached as follows: UncommonSpark, LLC., 1502 SE 22nd St, Bentonville, AR 72712; Attn: Copyright Agent. Chic CEO's Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can also be reached electronically at hello@Chic-CEO.com. Chic CEO provides certain tools and technologies to help facilitate copyright owners’ control over their copyrighted works.
10. Member/Subscriber Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Chic CEO Members/Subscribers. Chic CEO reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and other Members/Subscribers.
12. Disclaimers. Chic CEO is not responsible for and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the User Content or the accuracy and reliability of the User Content posted on or through the Chic CEO Services, whether caused by Users of the Chic CEO Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Chic CEO Services and such User Content does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Chic CEO. Profiles and third party applications created and posted by Members on the Chic CEO Website may contain links to other websites. Chic CEO is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are not necessarily investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Chic CEO. Inclusion of any linked website on the Chic CEO Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Chic CEO. When you access these third party sites, you do so at your own risk. Chic CEO takes no responsibility for third party advertisements or third party applications that are posted on or through the Chic CEO Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. Chic CEO is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Chic CEO Services. Chic CEO assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. Chic CEO is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Chic CEO Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Chic CEO Services. Under no circumstances shall Chic CEO be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Chic CEO Services, attendance at a Chic CEO event, from any User Content posted on or through the Chic CEO Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the Chic CEO Services, whether online or offline. The Chic CEO Services are provided "AS-IS" and as available and Chic CEO expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Chic CEO cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Chic CEO Services.
13. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL CHIC CEO BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE CHIC CEO SERVICES, EVEN IF CHIC CEO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, CHIC CEO'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO CHIC CEO FOR THE CHIC CEO SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
14. U.S. Export Controls. Software available in connection with the Chic CEO Services (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Chic CEO Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
15. Disputes. The Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Chic CEO agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of California to resolve any dispute arising out of the Agreement or the Chic CEO Services. EACH OF THE PARTIES HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CLAIMS, COUNTERCLAIMS, CROSS-CLAIMS, OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS) ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. FURTHER, EACH PARTY HERETO CERTIFIES THAT NO REPRESENTATIVE OR AGENT OF EITHER PARTY HAS REPRESENTED, EXPRESSLY OR OTHERWISE, THAT SUCH PARTY WOULD NOT IN THE EVENT OF SUCH LITIGATION, SEEK TO ENFORCE THIS WAIVER OF RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL PROVISION. EACH OF THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THIS SECTION IS A MATERIAL INDUCEMENT FOR THE OTHER PARTY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT.
16. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Chic CEO, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Chic CEO Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement and/or any Content that you post on or through the Chic CEO Services.
17. Chic Siren Membership Cancellation Policy. Annual plans are backed by our 30-day, 100% cancellation guarantee. You can cancel your membership within the first 30 days from the day you initially sign up for your Chic Siren membership. After 30 days, your membership can be canceled for auto-renew for the next annual membership. Sorry, no refunds. You can upgrade or cancel your subscription level by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Continuous Service Membership: to ensure uninterrupted service, all Chic CEO memberships are renewed automatically, using the credit card on file. All of our memberships are renewed at the current membership rate (grandfathered in) when the current membership term ends. This policy is subject to change at any time.
18. Chic CEO Mastermind Membership Cancellation Policy. Annual plans are backed by our 30-day, 100% cancellation guarantee. You can cancel your membership within the first 30 days from the day you initially sign up for your Chic CEO Mastermind membership. After 30 days, your membership can be canceled for auto-renew for the next annual membership. Sorry, no refunds. You can upgrade or cancel your subscription level by emailing email@example.com. Continuous Service Membership: to ensure uninterrupted service, all Chic CEO memberships are renewed automatically, using the credit card on file. All of our memberships are renewed at the current membership rate (grandfathered in) when the current membership term ends. Once the year membership is up, the membership will be on a month to month term. This policy is subject to change at any time.
19. Chic Elite Cancellation Policy. Annual plans are backed by our 30-day, 100% cancellation guarantee. You can cancel your membership within the first 30 days from the day you initially sign up for your Chic Elite membership. After 30 days, your membership can be canceled for auto-renew for the next annual membership. Sorry, no refunds. Continuous Service Membership: to ensure uninterrupted service, all Chic CEO memberships are renewed automatically, using the credit card on file. All of our memberships are renewed at the current membership rate (grandfathered in) when the current membership term ends. Once the year membership is up, the membership will be on a month to month term. This policy is subject to change at any time.
20. Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Chic CEO Website or any of the Chic CEO Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Chic CEO regarding the use of the Chic CEO Services. The failure of Chic CEO to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Chic CEO is a trademark of UncommonSpark, LLC. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Contact Chic CEO with any questions regarding this Agreement.
Blog Disclosures: Bloggy Disclosures
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.