- Starting a Business
- How To Write A Business Plan
- How to Apply For An EIN
- How to Decide the Legal Structure of Your Business
- How to Form an LLC
- How to Create Your Brand
- How to Find State Licenses and Permits
- How to Name Your Business
- How to Keep Records
- How to Create Your Website
- How to Manage Your Finances
- How to Find Funding
- How to Market Your Company
- Personal Development
- How to Decide Your Exit Strategy
- Inventing a Product
- Buying a Franchise
- Home Business
- 3-Day Chic Start
State Licenses and Permits
How To Find State Licenses and Permits
Depending on the type of business you are going to start, you may need certain licenses or permits to operate. It’s extremely important to secure the necessary permits and required paperwork when starting your business.
1. When signing up for a license, permit or registration, keep track of those that need to be renewed on a regular basis and keep a calendar of renewal dates.
2. Maintain a copy of all licensing applications and forms in your business records.
3. Make sure you follow rules for displaying your licenses or permits. Most states require business to prominently display their business licenses so customers can see them.
4. If you are thinking of expanding your business, whether it be upgrading your building or launching a new product or service, you may need additional business licenses or permits.
Click on your state below to find out what licenses or permits your business might need.